THREE



Chat GPT: "In Japanese, the number three can be expressed with different counters depending on what is being counted. This playful story follows a woman who buys everything in groups of three, from cucumbers and cows to houses and helicopters, before flying to Russia. Her dream introduces us to Japanese counting expressions."



THREE


In Japanese, there are many expressions that refer to the same number, for example, "three."

Once upon a time, there were a young woman who always buy three of each item. One day, she posted her story in her blog, "Today, I went to a supermarket and got many things. I got three cucumbers, three apples and three bottles of wine. I also got three fishes, three chickens, three cows, three notebooks, three TV sets, three chairs, three pair of shoes, three jackets, three houses and three railroad coaches. Finally, I purchased three helicopters and flew to Russia. When I fished eating three cups of borscht, I woke up from my dream. It was raining in Shikoku."









日本語に於いては、例えば「3」の様な、同じ数に対して、多くの表現がある。

ある時、いつも、同じ物を三つずつ買う若い女性がいた。ある日、彼女は自分の話をブログに書いた。「今日、スーパーに行き、いろいろなものを買いました。胡瓜を3本と、林檎を3個、そして、ワインを3本買いました。あと、魚を3匹、チキンを3羽、牛を3頭、ノート3冊、テレビを3台、椅子を3脚、靴も3足、ジャケットを3着、家を3軒、電車を3両買いました。最後にヘリコプターを3機買い、ロシアに飛びました。ロシアでボルシチを3杯食べ終わった時、夢から覚めました。四国は今日も雨でした。」







日本語に於いては、例えば「3」の様な、同じ数に対して、多くの表現がある。

In Japanese, there are many expressions that refer to the same number, for example, "three."


日本語(にほんご): Japanese


日本語に於いては、…… (にほんごにおいては、……): In Japanese, ……


例えば…… : for example, ……


~の様な、(~のような、): such as


同じ(おなじ): same


(かず): a number


~に対すて(~にたいすて): to , toward , against , at (depends on context)


多くの(おおくの): many


表現(ひょうげん): an expression(s)








ある時、いつも、同じ物を三つずつ買う若い女性がいた。ある日、彼女は自分の話をブログに書いた。

Once upon a time, there were a young woman who always buy three of each item. One day, she posted her story in her blog.


ある時、~がいた。(あるとき、~がいた。): Once upon a time, there was .


いつも: always, everyday


同じ物(おなじもの): a same thing


三つ(みっつ): three


~ずつ: each


~を買う(かう): to buy


同じ物を買う(おなじものをかう): to buy the same one


~を三つ買う(~を みっつ かう): to buy three


若い女性(わかいじょせい): a young woman


ある日、…… (あるひ): one day, ……


彼女(かのじょ): she


~を書く(~をかく): to write


ブログ: a blog


彼女はブログを書いた。: She wrote a blog.


自分の話(じぶんの はなし): his or her story


彼女は自分の話を書いた。: She wrote her story.


彼女は話をブログに書いた。: She wrote a story in her blog.





「今日、スーパーに行き、いろいろなものを買いました。胡瓜を3本と、林檎を3個、そして、ワインを3本買いました。

Today, I went to a supermarket and got many things. I got three cucumbers, three apples and three bottles of wine.



今日(きょう): today


スーパー: a supermarket

~に行き、……(にいき) : go to and ……


~を買う(~をかう): to purchase , to buy


胡瓜を3(きゅうりをさんぼん):three cucumbers


林檎を3(りんごをさんこ): three apples


ワインを3(わいんを さんぼん): three bottles of wine


胡瓜を3本買いました(きゅうりを さんぼん かいました): I bought three cucumbers.


3本の胡瓜を買いました (さんぼんの きゅうりを かいました): I bought three cucumbers.





あと、魚を3匹、チキンを3羽、牛を3頭、ノート3冊、テレビを3台、椅子を3脚、靴も3足、ジャケットを3着、家を3軒、電車を3両買いました。

Also, I got three fishes, three chickens, three cows, three notebooks, three TV sets, three chairs, three pair of shoes, three jackets, three houses, and three railroad coaches.


あと、~を書いました。(あと、~を かいました。): I also bought .


魚を3(さかなをさんびき): three fishes


チキンを3(ちきんをさんば): three chickens


牛を3(うしをさんとう): three cows


ノートを3(のーとをさんさつ): three notebooks


テレビを3(てれびをさんだい): three TV sets


椅子を3(いすをさんきゃく): three chairs


靴を3(くつをさんぞく): three pairs of shoes


靴も3(くつもさんぞく): also, three pairs of shoes (The letter "" has the meaning of ",too" or "also" in this expression)


ジャケットを3(じゃけっとをさんちゃく): three jackets


家を3(いえをさんげん): three houses


電車を3(でんしゃをさんりょう): three railroad coaches


Question: "Hey! My textbook gives me slightly different hiragana!"

Answer: "I don't care what your textbook says or what you have to write on your answer sheet in your exam. This is a human language but not a programming language."




最後にヘリコプターを3機買い、ロシアに飛びました。ロシアでボルシチを3杯食べ終わった時、夢から覚めました。四国は今日も雨でした。」

Finally, I purchased three helicopters, and flew to Russia. When I fished eating three cups of borscht soup, I woke up from my dream. It was raining in Shikoku."


最後に(さいごに): finally


ヘリコプターを3(へりこぷたーを さんき): three helicopters


ロシア: Russia


~に飛ぶ(~にとぶ): to fly to (to another prefecture, a foreign country, the moon, etc.)


ボルシチ: borscht


3(さんばい): three (bowls, cups, etc.)


食べ終わる(たべおわる): to finish your meal


(とき): time


夢から(ゆめから): from the dream


覚める(さめる): to wake up


冷める(さめる): to get cold, to cool down


四国(しこく): one of four Japan islands


今日は、雨でした。(きょうは あめでした): It rained today.


今日も、雨でした。: It rained today, too as it was yesterday.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hashijutsu Episode 3: The Battle With a Fly

Million Roses

The Silence